Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Old Journal Entry: December 26th, 2002

Old song I wrote on December 26th, 2002.

I Thought
by Marcus Twyman

I thought I heard you walking in the hall,
But when I looked, I knew I hadn't heard anything at all,
It must have been my mind playing tricks on me,
Life's been hard, keeps giving me grief,
But your perfume's scent still lingers on the air,
That's impossible since you aren't even here,
And why do I feel a gentle breeze?
Like someone just brushed past me,

Chorus:

Is it your spirit floating past me?
Clinging to the love it feels in me?
I know you'll always be near,
In this life you left so easily,
Late at night while I sit quietly,
I feel you there, but your image I can't see,
I tell myself that this can't be,
But it's true because your spirit lives on in me,


I never completed this one...it's only a partial entry in my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment